Presented By Alyshia Boagni and Theresa Wasiloski
For teachers and counselors of grades K–12
Trauma can impact students’ ability to access their education. In this workshop, school counselor Alyshia Boagni and movement artist Theresa Wasiloski will lead participants through recognizing signs of trauma in students, as well as understanding how trauma affects a child’s learning experience. Participants will develop strategies for creating trauma-informed lesson plans and will learn exercises that use dance as a tool for releasing trauma and empowering students through expression and communication.
About Professional Development Workshops
Professional Development Workshops demonstrate practical and proven techniques for teaching in the arts, about the arts and through the arts.
- Fee: $5 per registrant. LPSS educators: FREE! Registration is paid by LPSS.
- All materials and a light meal included.
- Most workshops carry CLU credit.
- Most workshops take place at Acadiana Center for the Arts.
- To register, call 337-233-7060 or email julia@AcadianaCenterfortheArts.org. Or register on LPSS’ WisdomWhere.