Presented By Jamie Hipp, Ph.D.
For teachers of grades K–12
When teachers focus on social-emotional teaching, students’ communication, focus and behavior all improve. Arts-based teaching naturally encourages social-emotional skill development. During this highly experiential workshop, participants will actively engage in arts-integrated mini-lessons, transitions, and “brain breaks” which foster social-emotional learning. Specifically, collaboration, problem-solving, empathy, and self-awareness will be explored across varied art forms.
About Professional Development Workshops
Professional Development Workshops demonstrate practical and proven techniques for teaching in the arts, about the arts and through the arts.
- Fee: $5 per registrant. LPSS educators: FREE! Registration is paid by LPSS.
- All materials and a light meal included.
- Most workshops carry CLU credit.
- Most workshops take place at Acadiana Center for the Arts.
- To register, call 337-233-7060 or email julia@AcadianaCenterfortheArts.org. Or register on LPSS’ WisdomWhere.