Presented By Paddy Bowman, Local Learning
For teachers of grades 3–12, college and museum education
In conjunction with the exhibit Louisiana Trail Riders, by Jeremiah Ariaz, this workshop will plumb the rich history, aesthetics, skills and intergenerational knowledge that go into community celebrations. Distinctive Acadiana celebrations abound, from intimate family events to large and small festivals and community rituals around the year. We will call upon cultural perspectives that scaffold such celebrations to explore curricular connections and inspire artmaking. Equipping young people with tools to decode, interpret, and represent the art that is around them powerfully engages them in identity, sense of place and creativeness.
About Professional Development Workshops
Professional Development Workshops demonstrate practical and proven techniques for teaching in the arts, about the arts and through the arts.
- Fee: $5 per registrant. LPSS educators: FREE! Registration is paid by LPSS.
- All materials and a light meal included.
- Most workshops carry CLU credit.
- Most workshops take place at Acadiana Center for the Arts.
- To register, call 337-233-7060 or email New@AcadianaCenterfortheArts.org. Or register on LPSS’ WisdomWhere.