Acadiana Center for the Arts (AcA) created Rue Vermillion Circle to highlight visual arts in our facilities and throughout Acadiana. The word ‘Vermilion’ is a pigment, the street on which AcA is located, and linked to Lafayette’s cultural history. We chose the name because we believe it captures the essence of Acadiana.
Exhibitions are a central part of our facilities and our mission of fostering arts and culture in Acadiana. Therefore, we realize the importance of bringing our community into the conversation on visual arts programming at AcA. Rue Vermilion Circle makes the visual arts more accessible to the public by opening up a new engagement and support opportunity during ArtWalk.
We would like to kick off the first Rue Vermilion Circle gathering in early 2018 in the Moss ArtLoft, AcA’s beautiful meeting space that looks over downtown and functions as a public display of the thriving visual art community.
AcA is the central culture hub of Acadiana. Our beautiful facilities feature one of the finest, intimate theaters in the country, large museum-quality galleries, workshop and rehearsal spaces, offices, and public areas. AcA has quickly grown to become one of the largest arts organizations in Louisiana. From our beginnings as an arts council in 1975, we are a true community organization and an independent nonprofit fighting for all artists to receive fair and equitable compensation for their work. AcA serves the entire region in all aspects of cultural work and connects to most aspects of cultural life in Acadiana: through community development & grant making featuring five individual programs; through arts education, serving 30,000+ kids in a partnership with our school system; through outreach & residencies; by creating public art corridors; by producing 40+ annual visual arts exhibits and monthly ArtWalks—free to the community; and through the 150+ annual events at AcA featuring every genre of the performing arts. Join Rue Vermilion Circle and support the visual arts at AcA!
What Is Rue Vermilion Circle?
- A community circle for anyone who supports/appreciates visual arts
- A place to meet like minded people
- A way to support gallery spaces and art in our community
- A way to learn more about AcA and become a part of it
- Support the visual arts and artists in Acadiana
- Meet AcA curators and have curator led gallery tours
- Meet artists that exhibit at AcA
- Opportunities to win original artworks
- Enjoy food and drinks in the Moss ArtLoft during ArtWalk.
How do you join?
- Minimum $10 a month or $120 a year donation
- Attend monthly meetings during ArtWalk in the Moss ArtLoft or Board Room for small bites, drinks, and conversation